The Master of Business Administration degree offered by most schools in the U.S. is typically a two-year program, which follows four years of undergraduate study. The Plus One MBA, allows students to apply 9 graduate credit hours of their undergraduate courses toward the MBA program. This provides students with the opportunity to save time and money.
Students in the Plus One MBA begin in the undergraduate Business degree like any other degree-seeking undergraduate student.
During the junior or senior year, a Business student who has earned an overall GPA of 3.7 and passed the MBA/MOL entrance test, can apply to begin taking Plus One courses. Students should contact the MBA Director to apply for the Plus One program. Although the student is still considered an undergraduate student, Plus One courses are master level courses and include master-level requirements.
When the student completes 128 credits hours required for the undergraduate degree, he or she will graduate as any other undergraduate student.
Following the completion of the undergraduate degree, the Plus One Course credits will be applied toward the MBA degree program. For more information contact the Dean of the College of Business or the Director of the Master of Business Administration program.
Students may select up to Three of the following courses to articulate in their undergraduate degree:
- BUS 501 Management Thought & Application
- Replaces MGT 443 Leadership or Business Elective or General Elective
- BUS 505 Human Resource Management
- Replaces MGT 343 Human Resource Management or Business Elective or General Elective
- BUS 520 Organizational Behavior
- Replaces MGT 469 Service Quality or Business Elective or General Elective
- BUS 601 Project Management
- Business elective
- BUS 611 Marketing Analytics and Customer Behavior
- MKT 334 Consumer Behavior, Business Elective, or General Elective
- BUS 613 Strategic Digital Marketing
- MKT 460 Internet Marketing, Business Elective, or General Elective
- BUS 613 Strategic Advertising
- Business Elective or General Elective
* pre-requisites BUS 510/525 waived for Plus One students taking BUS 515