The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a comprehensive program designed to help business professionals advance their career by gaining the skillsets needed to lead organizations at all levels. The program has a key focus on obtaining business knowledge, identifying key data analytics vital in every area of business, and then evaluating the data to develop and execute informed strategies to drive an organization forward.
AU’s MBA concentration in Digital Marketing and Online Media will equip you to become a marketing leader in the digital realm, including giving the student a thorough introduction to digital analytics, social media platforms, creative content, lead nurturing, automated systems, and digital advertising. The student will be equipped to attain positions and advancement in both the marketing and digital media industries; generating the skill set to pursue careers in social media management, digital strategy, content creation, and campaign management.
The Anderson University MBA is unique as it is an advanced management program which emphasizes an integration of the business disciplines within a Christian framework. It is designed for students with an undergraduate degree either in business or in a non-related field. Leveling courses (prerequisites) are offered for the non-business undergraduate. Forty-five hours are required for graduation.
The MBA is offered in two delivery systems: one being classroom based, and the other being online in nature. In each delivery the course content is the same and the design of the program is specifically geared for the working professional.
Anderson University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs to offer the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Time to Graduate
Students can complete an accelerated MBA program in as little as 18 months, or opt to take a general paced program to be completed in 24 months.
Program Mission Statement: The Anderson University Graduate Business Programs produces professionally-prepared graduates through courses that integrate the Christian faith with business concepts. The College of Business fulfills the University’s mission by challenging the students in an atmosphere of sound professional ethics which affirm biblical teachings in a secular business world. The degree is designed to allow graduates to satisfy goals such as professional development, career advancement, personal growth, or job mobility.
MBA Advisory Board
The Anderson University MBA program is advised by a board of business executives to ensure the rigor of the program in presenting cutting edge business strategies to our students. The MBA Advisory Board evaluates all courses in the program on a regular rotation to ensure course content is in line with current practices utilized by business executives, and presented in a manner to advance the student’s skillset. For a list of the current MBA Advisor Board members, please see the MBA / MOL Handbook linked below.
International Business Research Center (IBRC)
Anderson University’s partnership with the IBRC provides an advanced, international standard for business research. IBRC research initiative includes three main themes:
- Ethics and behavior nucleus
- Research Target: Understand moral development in the university student and in the employee in order to promote more ethical behavior in university students and in employees.
- Efficiency nucleus
- Research Target: How to achieve better operational results along with sustainable and efficient solutions that can lead to better market competitiveness?
- Creative Industry: Focused on new products and processes for technological and innovative development.
- Leadership nucleus
- Research Target: Investigate the variety of leadership models and organizational development methods applied on specific industries abroad along with its impact on business performance and profitability.
- Creative Industry: Offer seminars (one week or more) to students and professionals to study leadership in South Carolina, or take students and professionals abroad for such seminars (one week or more) to study business in an international context.
MBA Assistant Research Scholarship
The MBA program has an assistant research position open to an active and enrolled MBA student. The role of the research assistant is to help in assisting in research, participating in student research leading to publications as well as working within the International Business Research Center and International Business Leadership Seminars.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution of higher learning
- Have previous relevant work experience. If a student is lacking this experience the student may satisfy this requirement by completing an internship or working while in the MBA program.
- Appropriate cumulative college GPA (2.75) or GMAT score exceeding 510
- If English is not the student’s first language, minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 220 (computer) or 75 (internet) will be required, and proof of current Visa for International students. International MBA candidates will need to have an interview via Skype with the director of the MBA program before being accepted. Anderson University does provide the appropriate US student visas to those coming to study on campus. International students receiving their undergraduate degrees from institutions abroad must submit their transcripts to be evaluated by WES, who will then transmit the results to Anderson University.
Regular admission is determined by the criteria listed below
1 Undergraduate GPA from a regionally or nationally accredited institution exceeds 2.75 (with prerequisites) or
2 GMAT score exceeds 510
The application form and other requisite information as noted should be submitted to the Graduate Admission Office as soon as possible due to the competitive nature of the program. Student applications, which are incomplete or are missing any of the items described above, may not be processed. If the application is processed, admission will be limited to provisional status. All applications are initially screened by the Associate Dean of Business and students will be informed in writing of their admission status.
Non-degree Seeking Students
Applicants who desire to take a limited number of courses, but are not seeking a degree from Anderson University may be admitted with temporary status and as such are limited to three courses or nine hours. Separate admission procedures for Non-Degree status are as follows:
- Application form indicating non-degree status.
- Official transcripts will be required from school where undergraduate degree was conferred and, when appropriate, transcripts from all other colleges attended. If a non-degree seeking student wishes to apply who has not attended an undergraduate school but has adequate work experience, then their high school transcripts will be required.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 560 (paper), 220 (computer) or 75 (internet) is required if English is not the student’s first language, and proof of current Visa for International students. International MBA candidates will need to have an interview via Skype with the director of the MBA program before being accepted.
- $50 Non-refundable Graduate Application Fee
(waived for Anderson University graduates)
International students who are accepted into the Anderson University MBA program and receive a US I-20 student visa have required to comply to US Homeland Security law. In particular, these students must only take up to one course in an online format per semester, all others courses need to be in the seated format. Second, students are not allowed to work off campus but are allowed to work on-campus up to a maximum of 20 hours per week. International students are allowed to pursue an internship program that allows them to work off campus as part of their studies. International students who are accepted must purchase health insurance. We recommend ISP insurance and the website is: http://intlstudentprotection.com/schools/anderson-university/. International students who are athletes must include an additional athletic insurance rider (extended policy).
Students may transfer up to 6 hours of graduate credits from other regionally or nationally accredited institutions. These courses must have been taken within the last six years. Each transferred course must carry a grade of B or better. A “Request for Transfer Graduate Course Credit” form should be completed prior to the student’s enrollment in the MBA Program.
For admission to graduate, the student must satisfy the following:
- Complete all 45 hours of graduate work.
- Have a current GPA of 3.00 on all courses taken toward the degree with no incomplete, D, or F grades.
- File a “Graduation Application” form following guidelines from the Registrar’s Office: https://andersonuniversity.edu/academics/registrar.
- The capstone course, BUS 590 - Strategic Management must be completed at Anderson University.
An MBA is a rigorous program designed to enhance the business skills of future leaders at a high level. To ensure the success of the student, it is essential that incoming students have a core foundation in order to properly adapt to the course material. Some students come into the MBA with an undergraduate degree in business, others have extensive business knowledge from work experience. While others may find it beneficial to take AU foundation courses to build the proper skillset to be a successful MBA student. The foundation courses are as followed:
• Principles of Accounting
• Quantitative Methods (algebra and statistics)
The prospective MBA student may elect to meet the foundational courses in one of three ways. No graduate academic credit will be granted for such courses passed.
- Complete the appropriate leveling courses offered by Anderson University. The classes are offered on a Pass/Fail grading scale.
- Complete the appropriate undergraduate courses at Anderson University or other accredited institutions with a “C” or higher.
- Pass the CLEP test(s) or other test provided by Anderson University for the appropriate courses(s).
Current Student Requirements
For the MBA /MOL Academic Integrity, Good Academic Standing, and Attendance policies, please see the Student Handbook https://andersonuniversity.edu/cobgraduatehandbook.